- Posted 10 Sep
- 0 Comments
When the size of your family increases, the need for a bigger car does too. If your car is too small, taking out the whole family to the beach or away on holidays might seem like an exercise in patience.
If your car is medium-sized but there are more people in your family than the number of seats available, you might as well forget about family road trips.
If you own a standard car, attaching roof racks, bike carriers, gear racks and other add-ons meant to expand the space might be a good idea, but those can only get you so far.
What you really need is a car that will be able to seat your entire family comfortably.
5 Tips to Help You Find the Right Family Car:
- Create a budget. Looking for a family car means looking for a car that has more seats and more comfort than most other cars, and this generally means more money. You should browse online and research to get an idea of how much you will need to spend on car finance. Set your budget before you start physically looking at cars.
There are many factors that need to be taken into account while making up your mind about the cost, such as fuel-efficiency, maintenance costs and insurance. Consider your options, you can take out a car loan or sign a car lease depending on your budget.
- Check that the car is safe. When you’re buying a car for the comfort of your family, you should make their safety your top priority. While looking for the right car, make sure to check the car(s) you have your eyes on have a good Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) rating. You should also check the car for important safety features like airbags, electronic stability control etc. before you buy.
- Look at cars with ample storage space. Find a car with plenty of storage. The option of buying a cheaper car with no storage compartments might seem attractive right now, but there’s a very good chance you’ll end up regretting it later. You should look for things like door pockets, front seat pockets, cup holders etc. to make sure it will have enough space to hold all the things that you’ll need when you’re travelling with your family.
- Don’t compromise on the comfort factor. Don’t let the price deter you from buying a car that fits the needs of your family. Yes, it’s important to stick to your budget but if stretching it a little means buying a car that can accommodate all of your family comfortably, then don’t hesitate to see if they numbers will work.
- Test-drive before you buy. We believe taking the car out for a test-drive with your family is of utmost importance. You should examine the visibility from your seat and check necessities such as door hinges, gear changing, brakes, accelerator and others while your family checks the space, seats and storage space.
Looking for help to finance the purchase of your family car? Our Car Loan Experts are ready to help you. Get in touch with us today and let us steer you in the right direction.